19.19 Acres for Sale in Westhoff, TX
- Property ID LC-2209-389436
- Size 19.19acres
- Total Purchase Price $129,900.00
- State Texas
- Location County Road 297,Westhoff,Gonzales,TX77994
- Deed Type Warranty Deed
- Parcel Number 6390
- Zoning Residential
- Road Access Dirt Road
- Utilities City utilities available
Cheap Ranch Land in Texas near Gonzales
This hunting, ranch, and recreational property lies deep in the history-steeped “Come and Take It” region of Texas. Despite the maze of drilling pads in this area, the lush terrain that follows Five Mile Creek and other waterways nearby assure a bountiful population of deer, birds, and other wildlife.
- No Restrictions
- Great for Hunting, Livestock, or Recreation
- Gated Road & Fenced Lot
- Pond On-Site
- Five Mile Creek just over 500 feet away
- Power Available
- Legal Road Access
- Priced about 18% Below Market
PROPERTY: This grassy, square shaped 19.19 acre parcel offers is well suited as a hunting and recreational getaway ranch, or even for raising livestock, given its 15,000+ sf tree-lined pond near the east boundary line. Wildlife is further attracted to Five Mile Creek about 500 feet from the property’s southwest corner. You can legally access the property anywhere along the 823 feet of oil & gas road that traces the north boundary, where a drilling pad sits and is operated by EOG Resources. If you want to build, you might consider the floodplain-free zone near the northwest corner, or just simply set up more temporary (e.g. mobile home, RV, cabin, tiny home, etc) living quarters anywhere in the southern part of property, where it’s more lush, quiet, easement-free, and offers nice views of the creek valley below. Either way, power is available if want it! The charming, growing, and history-steeped city of Gonzales is just 28 minutes up the road and offers an excellent mix of stores, restaurants, and services, including a Walmart. Since Texas’ “Come and Take It” city hosts the convergence of two of Central Texas’ most popular rivers — the San Marcos and Guadalupe — there’s no shortage of fishing and recreational opportunities here either. Gonzales was once one of the best kept secrets in Texas, but the secret is getting out!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then MapRight Layers.
- SIZE: 19.19 acres
- ADDRESS: CR 297, Gonzales TX 78629
- GPS COORDINATES: 29.269953, -97.453500
- APN: 6390
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 247 A W HILL (download full legal description here)
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: download here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: clear – no back taxes, no liens
- MINERAL RIGHTS: not transferred with property
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): starting at NW corner, then 823′ east (along road) x 914′ south x 998′ west x 1861′ north to POB
- FLOODPLAIN: yes, spans 15.8 acres; 3.4 acres in the northwest part of the property lies outside the floodplain
- ELEVATION: 237 feet
- TERRAIN: generally flat
- CONDITION: north part – oil drilling infrastructure; south part – pond, grasses, some trees
- ACCESS: 823 feet of direct frontage on oil & gas road (deeded legal access) off County Road 297
- POWER: available
- WATER: well would be necessary
- WASTEWATER: septic system would need to be installed
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- CELL COVERAGE: 5G thru AT&T and T-Mobile, 4G thru Verizon (according to Signal Checker here)
- TAXES: $3457.66 in 2021
- RESTRICTIONS/ZONING: no zoning, NO RESTRICTIONS – do what you want with your land!
- Homes and accompanying outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns permitted
- No size/height restriction on homes/structures on the lot
- No setback requirements
- No time limit to build – leave the lot as-is for as long as you want or need.
- RVs, Campers, Mobile Homes, Cabins, “Shouses”, tiny-houses all permitted.
- Animals, livestock, etc. permitted.
- No HOA or CC+R’s
- Or, simply leave it as-is and enjoy being surrounded by nature!
- HOA: none
- NEAREST CITIES: Gonzales, Cuero < San Antonio
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Gonzales Municipal Airport (32 mins), San Antonio International (1 hr 40 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (830) 672-2841
- Treasurer (830) 672-2621
- Clerk/Recorder (830) 672-2801
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions. IMPORTANT: this road is gated and you need the code to unlock the gate. Please call, text, or email Scott (314-639-9777, firstname.lastname@example.org) to get that code.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 29.269953, -97.453500.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizonatal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
The charming, growing, and history-steeped city of Gonzales is just 28 minutes up the road and offers an excellent mix of stores, restaurants, and services, including a Walmart. Since Texas’ “Come and Take It” city hosts the convergence of two of Central Texas’ most popular rivers — the San Marcos and Guadalupe — there’s no shortage of fishing and recreational opportunities here either. Gonzales was once one of the best kept secrets in Texas, but the secret is starting to get out!
- RETAIL – Walmart, H-E-B Supermarket, Harbor Freight Tools, Dollar General, many others
- RESTAURANTS – McDonald’s, Whataburger, Taco Bell, Baker Boys BBQ, Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut, many others
- MED SERVICES – Gonzales Memorial Hospital
- RECREATIONAL – Guadalupe River, San Marcos River, Independence Park, Palmetto State Park, Lynn Theatre, Templin Saloon, Pioneer Village Living History Center, San Antonio Distillery, Eggleston House, Come and Take It Trail (kayaking)
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: Your best deal for financing will come from a local bank or credit union and we can help you find a great deal. In this case, we recommend South Star Bank in Gonzales as your best option for financing. Call Abel at 830-672-1081. They offer land loans for 15% down, and prefer a minimum debt-to-income ratio of 43% and credit score of 650.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.